The OPT (Overseas Passenger Terminal) is Sydney's most unique venue. Located in Sydney's historic "Rocks" Circular Quay, the OPT has a dazzling, uninterrupted view of the Opera House, Sydney Harbour and city skyline.
The OPT is a large, flexible, "raw" space full of endless possibilities, which is why Australia's leading event companies keep coming back. For clients "it's all about the view", but the OPT offers even more.
It is located within easy distance to the Circular Quay transport hub where trains, ferries, buses and taxis are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. There is also on-site commercial parking for over 100 cars. Being situated within the bustling Rocks precinct allows for a myriad choice of great options for pre-event or post-event after party and hotel accommodation, all in walking distance
The venue's many different spaces invite multiple possibilities:
- The Arrivals Hall is an intimate event space and the perfect place to set up an arrival area for an event up in the main customs hall, or as a pop-up store, bar or gallery with high visibility and high foot traffic
- The Customs Hall is a large, light, airy, flexible space, with a high ceiling and a stunning 60 metre sheltered balcony overlooking the Sydney Harbour and Opera House
- The Cargo Hall is a very funky, industrial, high ceilinged space located down on the water's edge at wharf level with an "up close and personal" view of the Opera House
- The Forecourt is a high foot traffic area surrounding the historic Moreton Bay Fig with stellar views and close proximity to the MCA and city
- The Farewell Balcony provides a great al fresco space under the stars
- The Lookout is an intimate and exclusive space above Quay Restaurant with unbeatable views of the Sydney Harbour, Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- The Bridge is a stylish "lookout" over-hanging the Rocks and Harbour with a "dress circle" view of the MCA and city
- The Mooring is our ultra special "keyhole" piazza floating over Campbell's Cove and with incredible views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House, right on the water!
- The Breezeway is out microscopic "pop-up" nook right on the waters edge amongst the hustle and bustle of the OPT's fabulous restaurants and bars